Use your coding or teaching skills to inspire the next generation of junior girl coders!
With the guidance of our team, deliver engaging Code Like a Girl workshops to a range of students.
- With assistance from the Education Director familiarise yourself with and deliver workshop content and curriculum
- A sound understanding of the workshop content and curriculum provided to you
- Provide help and assistance to workshop attendees
- Act as a positive role model for workshop attendees
- Provide support to workshop assistants
- Develop and maintain a supportive and positive classroom community
- Foster a sense of engagement, curiosity and problem solving with the students
- Work with our Program Director to ensure effective reporting of workshops
- Facilitators will be engaged on a casual basis, hours are flexible throughout the year with workshops typically held during working hours in school holiday periods.
- An understanding of Code Like a Girl’s underlying vision, objectives and rationale
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to liaise with individuals at all levels in a professional, confident, engaging, responsive and timely manner
- Ability to adapt and develop a sound understanding of a range of coding platforms/technical programs e.g. Scratch, Sphero, basic HTML/CSS
- Experience in a teaching/mentoring role is highly regarded
- Hold a valid working with children check
- Abide by CLG's Child Protection Code of Conduct
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We're a diverse and inclusive bunch and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.